17-21 November 2017
Only 5 days until the 2017 Severne Australian Wavesailing titles and 2nd NSWWA event kicks off and man does the forecast look good! We have some waves and Nor’easters lined up all week for some lip smacking FUN.
It is great to hear we have good sized contingents joining us from Victoria, Queensland, South Australia, Western Australia too!
If you haven’t already done so, click the button and register for the event
All registrations need to be made by Thu 16th Nov at 5pm so that the draw can be made for a possible 11am start on Fri 17th Nov!
10am in the main Gerroa 7 mile beach carpark just over the Bridge next to the Caravan Park. Plug 200 Crooked River Road, Gerroa, NSW, 2534 into your GPS
- Bring a 3/2 steamer, as much as water temps are nice now, a Southerly can bring it down quickly.
- Be prepared to party, the Fishoes staff have been forewarned that we are on our way! 2 dinners will be provided (included in your rego).
- Bring your gear for the Spanish Fiesta themed party (think bulls, bull runners, flamenco dancers or simply something red!).
- Include a 4m sail in your quiver! Yes Gerroa winds have a history of kicking in hard in November. Ahh the joy 🙂
- Team house, we still have some spaces available in our house on Burke Parade, Gerroa if you want to book a bed or room or even a camp site! Just contact Waz.
Any questions? Then drop an email to our revered contest director Warren “Wazza 1knot” Holder on firstname.lastname@example.org
2017 Australian Wavesailing Titles Sponsor
Thanks to Natural Necessity in providing their jet ski for safety support on beach and also the kind offer of 15% off purchases in store (some exclusions do apply) for members
NSW Wavesailing Association (NSWWA) is proud to be hosting the Severne 2017 Australian Wavesailing Titles in Gerroa. Event dates are 17-21 November 2017.
Photo: Paul Van Bellen
Thanks to the event Sponsor:
Register and sign up here https://nswwavesailing.org/membership
- “Opens” division grouped with sub-divisions: “Womens”; “Amateurs” and “Juniors” (<18 years old, at 30 June 2017).
- “Masters” divisions (ages determined as at 30 June 2017) will be grouped including “Masters” sub-division (>=45 years old) and a “Grand-Masters” sub-division (>=55 years old), with competitors nominating the particular sub-division they will compete in at the beginning of the comp.
Yes we have council and waterways permissions already secured and Warren “1knot” Holder has kindly taken on the competition director role.
This event doubles up as a NSWWA event and promises some fierce partying at Fishoes, competitive ping pong, some great surfing and SUP’ing and of course WAVESAILING. BRING IT ON.
Plus to add greater value for our interstate wavesailors, we have intentionally set this event so it runs just before the world famous Merimbula Classic 23-26 November. More details at 37th Merimbula Classic
So, book time off from work and make sure you can get to the Serverne 2017 Australian Wavesailing Titles event. Gerroa and the other locations; Windang and Shoalhaven Heads can really turn on some great conditions.
Holiday rentals can be booked at First National or camping at Seven Mile Beach Caravan Park or Discovery Holiday Parks.
See you on the water guys and gals.
Photo: Jason Hale
Thanks to the NSW Wavesailing Series Sponsor:
Thanks for your participation in our season opening event at Woolgoolga presented by SurfFX. Unfortunately due to poor conditions, we have decided to cancel the last day competition.
We hope to see you all at our next event, the Australian titles at Gerroa, 17-22 November.
Attention all sailors,
BBQ tonight will be at 5:00pm at the southernmost BBQ area next Woolgoolga Beach Holiday Park, and at 6:45pm we will walk up to the pub to watch the NRL grand final.
Competition is officially off Sunday.
Stay tuned for details on Monday’s skippers’ meeting.
Note that to compete you must have registered and paid for a membership on our website: